Skip to main content
It's my second post on here.
If I posted the piece I wrote on Thursday, you would imagine I'm good at being productive, that I'm organized, and structured. No.

How misleading would it be if I wrote on how I manage to save my sanity while being successful?  I do not manage my sanity, God does.
During the past few days, I've spent a bit too much time in front of the computer, trying to finish some homework, and even make progress on those stories inside of my head. Then Yoda comes to me with words of wisdom - No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. (The Empire Strikes Back)
 I have around ten tabs open at a time, usually. My sleeves are rolled up to my elbows, and my notes and pencils are neatly ordered to the left. I hear the "You must be so accomplished!" thing, and I'm not getting anything done.

The whole thing has re-established the meaning of those words. What is there to accomplish? I hardly ever write checklists, but I should.
Aren't most people accomplished at one thing or another? Are the things we're good at, accomplishments, or gifts given by God? Do we accomplish things with the gifts God has given us?

My answer for the last question is a definite yes.

I want my greatest accomplishment to be when God says to me, "Well done, good and faithful servant." I want to be faithful, even with all the world throws at me, I want to glorify God in everything I do.

Yet here I am, bending over, despising the thing I wrestle with, seemingly unable to accomplish anything in terms of writing. Concerned with the thought I'll never complete this, but I have before, felt this. Wise people have said not to give all attention away to your feelings, for they alter the state of your thinking.  I've felt too much today, stress, disappointment, loneliness...truthfully, I've avoided facing my giants. To stand up bravely, despite my feelings, would be glorying to God.
Writing is therapy, it's a battle waged by the mind, forced into action, and I don't desire to attack anyone who doesn't enjoy it. Really.

Personally, I am compelled to kneel, pray, and to labor, I feel a panic that won't disparate if I ignore it. An accomplishment includes a struggle, and I've found mine.

You could accomplish by holding on. - Salvaged Wreck


 N



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Reasons Why You'll Make It

.You've got God and He has you in the palm of His hand. No one can snatch you He will not give up on you He will sustain you You have been ransomed, you are His You've made it this far, you've been cared for, fought for You've made it through all your bad days. All the ones in which you could barely keep breathing, but you did that There are ALWAYS people out there wanting to listen, to hold you tight, to pray over you

Short story, done. Summer, (long) over.

                                       Short story, done. Summer, (long) over. Hey friends! Over the summer, I worked to re-read one of my absolute favorite series, Lord of the Rings. I had somewhat of an idea for a story in mind, and needed inspiration, some reference to get it going. The process in itself took months, growing into something unexpected. Although I think originally, I wanted for the story to be completed within a month or two, Where is Your Rider , took four months to both write and edit. Truthfully, I can be indecisive when it comes to choosing a narrative, and a perfectionists when it comes to creating in general. My ultimate goal, then, was to see it through. Even if it didn't match another writer's skill level, or Tolkien's descriptions, even if it wouldn't be something that'd make me famous.   Where is Your Ride r has been the first original fictional work I've completed in probably what's been years. (I'm low-key kind of proud

The Labor

But it would be so easy to” -  but we are not called to do what’s easy.  There is none other like it. Sin calls us away from all other good things, our time, our energy, our strength, our allegiance. Sin is one which further brands something deep within our skin, and while we are covered by grace, the word ‘sinner’ seems more applicable than ever while we’re giving in to it. It (sin) seems then to be the whole of our identity. I wish I could tell you how much I've struggled with this, how often I have let sin take the upper hand. Short lived relief is avoiding it . Whatever it may be.  He has called us to a greater light. Anything greater than what we have, than the basic requires a struggle. Forgiveness of sins requires a sacrifice. Victory requires defeat. A peace requires knowing fear.   We are to take hold of the moments we have, with a white knuckled grip. Sin is always a pressing thing, one shining in its momentary glory, promising of a release, a sigh